I have received MANY questions regarding the new world. Since I’ve made some decisions already, I figured I’ll tell you what to expect..
What can I bring to the new world?
- You will keep all of your mcMMO Experience
- Your earned money (capped at $50,000)
- A structure from old world (cost is $400,000)
- A faction town (cost is $800,000)
NOTE: Any structures or towns I move will have the chests and items removed
What can I expect in the new world?
- Same / similar quests (hope we find a mushroom island)
- Your inventory, armor, weapons will be removed
- Same spawn area / spawn house
- Spawn server-shops might go away or just be reduced to promote user shops more.
- New user chest-shop organization, perhaps a mall safe from PVP with rented units?
- 100% newly generated world with all added items from 1.3
- 33% smaller world for more interaction (and conflict)
- All factions will be disbanded so you’ll need to re-create you faction
- Similar PVP rules to what we have now
I’ll post on the website with plenty of notice to get prepared for the big move, the last day of this map I might just enable TNT and make a shop where you can buy TNT for $1,000/block from the server, then we can run around destroying/raiding everything for a day like wild animals.
When is this happening?
Keep in mind some of the plugins we use on the server will need to be updated so we might have to live without some features until Bukkit and other plugins release updates. For this reason, we’ll likely not update the server on the same day 1.3 is released so don’t update your game client until you see the “server running newer version” message, or you see the official post on this website. Our target launch date is the first week in August.
Did I miss anything? Have a suggestion or a question? Ask me here.